Sunday, September 15, 2019

Pocket Full of Stones

 As we talked about in our meeting last week this piece will talk about the accumulation of relationship ideals and expectations that eventually lead to a type of trauma upon the individual. The feet will be made of cast aluminum (for installation purposes) and the net will be made of cord and dyed, though I have not decided what I would like the stones or blood cells to be made of, maybe paper or lurecraft. Although, as I’m writing this I’m wondering if making the stones blood cells is too on the nose for my concept, so maybe just regular stone shapes?






















Update 11-11
this piece is still continuing in the same manner though I have found a new material to make the blood cells out of that I think conveys the look I’m seeking while being more structural than lurecraft, which is vegetable glycerin. The glycerine comes in a brick that you cut apart and melt down and then becomes pourable and is semi-clear. In the following image I have done a test of just glycerin, glycerin with food coloring, and then lurecraft. The red cell is the direction I’m leaning, but I think this has too much red in it and I would like it less blended and more clear than red. Next Monday I have made an appointment with Alex to make the mold of my feet so I can get them in wax and sprued. I have also completed the fishing net witch is just under 6 feet long. Attached are images of the blood cell test and the completed net.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Exchange: Transmission

This piece we didn’t discuss during our meeting, but this is the idea for a wearable that I came up with. This will be a contagion o...