Sunday, September 15, 2019

Exchange: Transmission




This piece we didn’t discuss during our meeting, but this is the idea for a wearable that I came up with. This will be a contagion of the series I started in metalsmithing, Exchange, a body of work that integrates wearable sculptures into themes found in our relationships with others. The main components of this piece are the two “bulbs”, the cast pieces that will be inserted into the mouth depicted on the right side of the image. Between these mouthpieces will be strands of beads meant to represent a line of communication vital to the two wearers. To convey the idea appropriately, this piece must be worn between two people and will visualize how communication must be up held with equal effort from both sides. 

Update 11-11 
I have finished the 3-part rubber mold and I’ve pulled out two sets of these mouth pieces one for casting class in aluminum and the other for my BFA work in bronze. As I mentioned in my update post in casting, I feel like the aluminum ones may be a little more jumbled than these bronze ones, I would like the strands to be more beautiful and fluid with these bronze pieces so I am still thinking beaded stands to connect the two mouth pieces. I have also been contemplating what the stand might look like and I have a couple designs, but might have to meet with you in order to make sure they will be structurally sound. Following this post are the waxes before being sprued. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Exchange: Transmission

This piece we didn’t discuss during our meeting, but this is the idea for a wearable that I came up with. This will be a contagion o...